7 Homemade Treatments and Remedies for Dark circles
Dark circles are the dark rings or shadows under and around the eye. It is a very common issue now a days both men and women of every age group have this problem because of lack of sleep, working for long hours in front of computer, prolonged crying, mental and physical stress, unhealthy diet, waking up all night and sleep irregularity. Some of the other issues are aging, heredity issue and dry skin. Dark circles really effects your look and personality. They make you look tired, unhealthy, exhausted and older. So get rid of them and look fresh by following these home remedies for dark circles.
Cucumber has natural soothing, freshening and skin-lightening effect, with its mild astringent properties it helps lighten the dark circles very fast. It is known as to be the best remedy for dark circles. Following are the ways how to use it for dark circles.
- The best way to get most out of a cucumber is, take one cucumber extract its juice, place it in a refrigerator for like 10 to 15 minutes, soak cotton eye pads in it and then place the cool pads with juice on your eyes. Leave them for 10-15 minutes or until they get warm and then wash your face. Follow this tip for a month and you will be amazed by the result. Do it twice a day for better and fast result.
- Take fresh and cold cucumber cut it into slices and place the slices on your eyes for around 15 minutes. Do it daily.
- Mix cucumber juice with lemon juice and apply with cotton balls. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then wash. Do it daily.
- Almond oil
Almond oil is a very great, beneficial and natural ingredient for the soft skin under the eye. Make sure the Almond oil you will be using should be organic almond oil. The other oil won’t work efficiently. Following is the way how to use it for dark circles
- Daily apply a little amount of almond oil around the eye and gently massage it before you go to sleep.
- Leave it for overnight.
- Wash it away with tap water in the morning.
- Follow this tip until your dark circle completely goes away.
- Raw potato
It is very useful to lighten dark circles and get rid of puffiness around the eye due to its natural bleaching agent property. Raw potato is also known to be a very good remedy for dark circles. Following are the ways how to use it for dark circles.
- Extract juice of one or two potatoes, grate them for juice. Soak cotton balls in the juice put them on your closed eyes for 10-15 minutes and then wash your face. Do it daily for few weeks.
- You can also put slices of raw potato on your eyes and leave them for 10 minutes. Do it daily.
- Rose water
Rose water has a very good, refreshing and soothing effect on your skin. It rejuvenates the skin and has a very soothing effect on tired eyes. Following is the way how to use it for dark circles
- Soak cotton eye pad in fresh rose water.
- Place it on your closed eyelids.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash with water.
- Do it twice a day for few weeks.
Tomato has a natural bleaching agent property that helps lighten the dark circles. Following are the ways how to use it for dark circles
- Soak cotton eye pad in tomato juice, put it on your close eyelids, leave it for 15 minutes and then wash with water.
- Place tomato slices on your closed eyelids for 15 minutes and then wash your face with tap water.
- Drink fresh tomato juice daily for fair, fresh and glowing skin.
- Coconut oil
Coconut oil is another natural and very effective remedy to lighten dark circles. With it moisturizing quality it smooths the skin and prevents wrinkles and fine lines under eyes. Following is the ways to use it for dark circles.
- Take some extra virgin coconut oil and gently massage it on the under aye area.
- Leave it for few hours, let the skin absorb it properly and then wash it off.
- Do it twice or thrice a day for better result.
- Tea bags
As the caffeine and antioxidant present in a tea shrink the blood vessels and reduce fluid retention. So it is very beneficial for getting rid of puffiness under the eyes and dark circles. Following is the way how to use tea bags for dark circles.
- Take two used green or black tea bags, chill them in a refrigerator for about half an hour.
- Place tea bags on your eyes and leave them for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash your face after removing tea bags.
- Repeat it twice a day for few weeks.
- Caution: Don’t get the tea in your eyes.
With all these remedies and DIYS you should get a proper healthy diet, proper sleep and proper work schedule. 6 hours sleep is very necessary for a student and 8 hours sleep is very necessary for a normal and working person. Don’t work late at night go to bed on time to have a better and healthy life.