6 Natural and Homemade Remedies for Oily Skin
Oily skin can be a pain to deal and manage, as oil on the outer skin layer leads to blackheads, whiteheads, blind pimples and other skin irritations but there are many ways to solve this problem. Instead of using expensive, chemical-based skin care products use simple home remedies which are equally effective. Following are some homemade remedies with the help of which you can get rid of oily skin and have a fresh face.
- Egg white is enrich with Vitamin A, can effectively dry out skin and tighten up oily skin. Whip one egg white until stiff apply it on your face wait until it dries and then wash it off with warm water. You can also add a juice from half of lemon mix it well and apply on your face. Wait for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. It will tighten the skin and soak up excess oil.
- Lemon juice is enrich with citric acid that works like an astringent ( contracts the pores of skin.) take one half teaspoon of distilled water and mix one teaspoon of fresh lemon juice in it. Apply it on your face using a cotton ball. Wait for 10 minutes and then wash with warm water. If lemon juice dry out your skin apply some oil free moisturizer afterward. Mixture of one table spoon of lemon juice, one half table spoon of honey and one table spoon of milk can give you more positive result within a week if it is being done daily. Apply paste leave it for 15 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
- Yogurt contains lactic acid which has a ability to absorb excess oil from face. Take one table spoon of plain yogurt apply it on your face leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse it off with cold water. Do it on daily basis.
- Tomatoes have cooling, clarifying and astringent properties which are very good for oily skin. The Vitamin C in it is very helpful for acne prone skin plus its absorbing agent helps get rid of excess oil. Cut a tomato in half and rub it on your face. Leave it for 15 minutes so that the skin soaks all the juice. Then rinse it with cold water. You can also make a face mask by mixing three tablespoons of tomato juice with on table spoon of honey.
- Apples have malic acid in it which has the ability to absorb oil. They work as a exfoliating agent with mild astringent, antiseptic and soothing properties. You can simply apply the pieces of apple on your skin leave them on your face for 15 minutes and then wash with tepid water or you can mix yogurt and lemon juice with one teaspoon each of grated apple and apply it on your face leave for 15 minutes and wash with cool water.
- Cut a fresh organic cucumber into slices, rub them thoroughly on your face. Leave it on overnight and wash the face with warm water in morning. Do this regularly before going to bed.