Water melon is the most eaten fruit in summers to satisfy the thirst due to sun heat. It contains plenty of water percentage with a delicious taste and protects from summer temperature. It contains good amount of vitamin A and C, antioxidants and lots of lycopene and amino acids. Following are some health facts of watermelon and reasons why you should eat water melon.
- It is very good for patients of high blood pressure as it reduces aortic blood pressure in obese adults with hypertension and provide cardio protection.
- As watermelon contains high level of potassium which is good for healthy heart so consumption of it reduces the chances of heart diseases and increases plasma concentrations of lycopene which is very good for cardiovascular health.
- Watermelon lower the blood glucose levels and stimulates the effect of insulin in the body which is very good for diabetic patients.
- Watermelon contains over 90% water which is very good for overall health as dehydration causes adverse conditions in the body. Watermelon is very good for dehydration and balances the amount of water in the body.
- High level of vitamin A and C in watermelon boosts up your immune system and the lycopene and beta-carotene prevents cell damage by removing free radicals from the body.
- Lycopene in watermelon is very beneficial for bone health and helps combat degenerative bone diseases like osteoporosis.
- Watermelon increases your energy level with vitamin B and natural sugars without any chemically enhanced energy drinks.
- Watermelon is very good for healthy kidneys as it cleans the kidneys improve the urinary system and prevents the disease of kidney stones and helps removing it.
- The refreshing effect of watermelon gives your skin a remarkable glow, makes it clean and refreshing.
- The vitamin C in watermelon gives your nails a healthy growth and harden them.
- The watermelon is also very beneficial for constipation.
Watermelon is highly recommended fruit in summer so consume it as much as you can and have a healthy body.