8 Benefits of Lemon Water That You Didn’t Know
- Helps in digestion. Warm lemon water gives relief to indigestion such as tummy burn, heartburn and bloating. It also releases toxins that are present in your digestive system.
- Helps you lose weight. It aids in fighting hunger cravings because of fibre.
- Cleanses your system. Helps cleans the liver as it helps flush out the toxins in your body by enhancing enzyme function.
- Keeps your skin clear and brighter. The antioxidants in lemon juice detoxifies your blood and that helps in keeping the skin clear, acne free and wrinkle free. Plain lemon juice can also be applied directly on any blemish, to reduce the inflammation.
- Immune system booster. The Vitamin C in the citrus provides our body with energy and is like a recharge to our immune system’s jumper cables. Lemon water also helps reduce anxiety and depression. Even the scent of lemons has a calming effect on your nervous system!
- Source of potassium. Lemons are high in potassium, which is good for your heart as well as brain and nerve function
- Perfect replacement for caffeine. I didn’t believe this until I tried it, but replacing my morning tea with a cup of hot lemon water has really done wonders! I feel refreshed, and no longer have to deal with that pesky afternoon crash.
- Helps fight viral infections. Warm lemon water is the most effective way to diminish viral infections and their subsequent sore throats.